Canon EOS R Video Recording Limits
Check Latest Price on Amazon
|Normal Frame Rates (59.94 fps or less)||30 minutes1|
|High Frame Rates (100 or 119.9 fps)||7 minutes 30 seconds2|
1 If the recording time reaches 29 minutes and 59 seconds, recording will stop automatically.
2 If the recording time reaches 7 minutes 29 seconds, recording will stop automatically.
- Using SD/SDHC cards:
- The card will be formatted in FAT32.
- If the file size exceeds 4 GB, a new file will be created automatically.
- Using SDXC cards:
- The card will be formatted in exFAT.
- Even if the file size exceeds 4 GB during recording, the movie will be saved as a single file.
- An increase of the camera’s internal temperature may cause recording to stop before the maximum recording time is reached.
Sources: Canon EOS R Advanced User Guide (English) - pages 199-201