Sony a6600 Video Recording Limits
Check Latest Price on Amazon
|All Formats and Frame Rates||13 hours1|
1 Duration is approximate and is a product specification limit.
From our experiences and testing, the Sony aXXXX cameras are notorious for overheating during movie recording, especially in higher quality settings like 4K or S&Q. Sony specifically states in the a6600 Online Help Guide that expected maximum recording times in all formats and in all temperatures is only 30 minutes. Therefore, if you need assurance that the camera will not overheat during longer recording times, we highly recommend choosing another camera.
- The duration of time available for movie recording varies depending on the file format/recording settings for movies, memory card, ambient temperature, Wi-Fi network environment, condition of the camera before you start recording, and condition of the charging of the battery.
- High-quality movie recording and high-speed continuous shooting require large amounts of power. Therefore, if you continue to shoot, the temperature inside the camera will rise, especially that of the image sensor. In such cases, the camera will turn off automatically because the surface of the camera is heated to a high temperature or the high temperature affects the quality of the images or the internal mechanism of the camera.
- Using SD/SDHC cards:
- The card will be formatted in FAT32.
- If the file size exceeds 4 GB, a new file will be created automatically.
- Using SDXC cards:
- The card will be formatted in exFAT.
- Even if the file size exceeds 4 GB during recording, the movie will be saved as a single file.
- If the file size exceeds 2 GB while recording in AVCHD MODE, recording will continue and a new file will be created automatically.
- The Sony a6600 records video in a variable bitrate, which automatically adjusts image quality depending on the shooting scene. Therefore, recording times will vary depending on the content you are shooting and the shooting conditions.
Source: Sony a6600 (ILCE-6600) Online Help Guide - Precautions/This Product - Recordable movie times